People always tell me I am a hard person for whom to buy gifts. I don’t see it. But maybe you are too. Here’s the “2013 PF Gift Guide” for the true pregnant fashionista. I’ve tried to include a range of different prices, but no one would put any of these items in the “budget” category. Sorry, but you’re growing a person, you deserve something fabulous–forward this on to all of those people trying to figure out what to buy you.
1. Fragile Cookie Blouse. Giftgivers won’t go wrong with a gorgeous maternity blouse. Button-down with an over-the-bump sash, Fragile Maternity’s bright-red maternity blouse has a flattering drape collar and works with just about everything.
2. Seraphine Black Knit Maternity Cape. If you don’t already have a winter cape, it will fast become an indispensable part of your wardrobe. Pair it with a pair of elbow-length gloves and suddenly, you’ll have a coat that always fits no matter how large you become. Seraphine has had this tasteful knit cape in its collection for several years, and it’s a winner year after year.
3. J Brand Dark Denim Skinnies. Receiving a pair of jeans for Christmas isn’t exactly romantic or inspired–but when you’re pregnant, it is exceedingly practical because you will wear them to death. And a $200 pair of absolutely perfect jeans is nice to find under the tree, pregnant or not.
4. IsabellaOliver.com. Right now, if you buy three items of clothing at IO, you get 40% off your entire purchase. That is a pretty great deal that might be worth alerting a gift-giver about. IO wraps gifts in nice big boxes with orange and box bows–it would be lovely to find one or two or three of these under the tree, no? Preferably, including a box with those to-die-for Isabella Oliver Dover Leather Maternity Leggings inside.
5. Belabumbum M Black Ruffle Nursing Dress. This may not be the kind of lingerie you got last Christmas when you were busy conceiving, but a comfortable, discreet nursing gown is exactly the kind of lingerie you need this year. Belabumbum’s stretch Ruffle Nursing Dress is one of my favorites and it is currently 25% off during Bare Necessities Friends and Family sale. 25% Off at BareNecessities.com during the Friends & Family Sale. Exclusions apply, 12.11.13 – 12.16.13.
6. Il Tutto Patent Changing Bag. If you’ve been eyeing one of those Valentino rock stud bags this winter, even I recognize this may not be the most practical time to indulge. It is really hard to carry dirty diapers in a $3000 bag. Lucily, Il Tutto has designed a studded diaper bag that is specifically designed to carry dirty diapers, and all of your other messy baby bag items. And this bag is a mere $300.
And as for stocking stuffers, I am a true fan of the nursing bra-themed stocking for the expecting woman. I suggest packing that stocking with a range of bras, from the most practical of basic nursing bras to a few more decadent selections from the likes of Hotmilk or Cake.